The job requisition to which you referred is closed and is not currently open for application.
The details for this requisition are shown below for archival and reference use only.
Annual Salary Minimum:
Annual Salary Maximum:
Duties & Responsibilities: Under direct supervision provides hands-on deployment and technical support of laptops, desktops and peripherals to in-house and remote customers. Configure and support desktop applications and ensure all configurations comply with IT policies and security policies. Be reliable and effective while providing superior customer service utilizing proper prioritization, document and closure of support request. Occasional travel required.
Minimum Training & Experience: AssociateÂs degree in business administration or related areas AND One year of related experience OR Two years of experience in area of assignment
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate’s degree in business administration or related areas AND One year of related experience.
Two years of related experience
Note: Related experience is considered support of desktop/laptop, smart phones, tablets, local and network printers and desktop software in Windows XP or higher PC environment.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the agency specific qualifications, possess an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Applied Sciences and experience in one or more of the following:
• At least two years of experience providing desktop/laptop computer hardware and local and network printer support in Windows XP or higher PC environment.
• At least two years’ experience supporting Microsoft Office Suite 2010 and other productivity tools
• Experience with antivirus and malware/spyware removal software
• A+ Technician certified
Additional Information: Note: DO NOT APPLY THROUGH CAREERS.GA.GOV. Online resumes submitted via this website will not be processed.
TO APPLY YOU MUST SUBMIT TWO (2) STATE OF GEORGIA APPLICATIONS TO:
• SUBMIT (2) STATE OF GEORGIA APPLICATIONS TO:
Georgia Bureau of Investigation
Attn: Human Resource
P. O. Box 370808
Decatur, GA 30037-0808
Applications may be obtained by going to the following site: http://gbi.georgia.gov/vacancies.
• The Job Vacancy Number, along with Job Title and Job Code must be listed on applications for this vacancy.
• Applications should be filled out carefully and completely. Applications will not be considered that have “see attached” in lieu of completing the work history and job information on the application.
• Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or by e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Applicants who are not selected for an interview will not receive notification.
• The GBI reserves the right to close this job announcement once a qualified applicant pool has been identified.
• Employment for the selected candidate(s) is contingent upon the successful completion of a GBI background investigation including criminal, credit and driver’s history checks, polygraph examination, fingerprinting and drug screening. A list of employment disqualifiers may be obtained by going to the following site: http://gbi.georgia.gov/employment-disqualifiers
All applications must be received in the GBI Office of Human Resources by close of business on the deadline date posted on this job vacancy announcement.
THE GBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER